Skip to main content

ClassDojo

ClassDojo is free data app. You create classes that allow you to track positive and negative behaviors, along with randomly selecting students and keeping attendance. There are inspirational videos and ways to upload photos of your class to share with parents. When you select a positive behavior, your smart device/computer gives off a happy chime. When you select a negative behavior, you hear a deflating noise. You can create reports of behaviors and attendance over any period of time.

This is how I use it:

  • Attendance: I keep track of who is in my class and who is not. There are often times that my students are present at school, but not in class. This allows me to keep track of students who are present for the lesson.
  • "Random Monster": This is what I call the random name generator. I use it to cold call my students so that everyone is accountable and no one feels picked on. It has made a huge difference in participation in my bell ringers. (Plus, then I don't have to grade the bell ringers. Peer pressure is a powerful motivator.)
  • Behavior: I use the "no homework" button to track when students forget their homework. This allows me to quickly see if there are patterns forming, because their monster will show how many points they have lost.
  • No sound/sharing: I keep the data just to myself. You can allow parents to log in to see how their student is doing, but I want it solely to be for me. I would rather communicate concerns in a more direct manner.
I believe this app can have a lot of power for making me more objective because students are randomly selected to answer questions and I can see numbers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sale!

 I am throwing a sale on all items found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store! See the graphic below for more information!

Nitrogen and Carbon Cycle Foldable

I was inspired to create foldables for my 6th graders on the carbon and nitrogen cycles after viewing one created by the blog " The Inspired Classroom ".  She had created a much cuter one for the water cycle.  Please forgive my pictures, descriptions, and handwriting. :)     If you would like a free copy of the nitrogen foldable or carbon foldable , you can find it at My Teachers Pay Teachers.

Biomes Foldable

I had way too much fun making this.  My students are going to be learning about these biomes next and I created this example of the finished product and one with the pictures/words without the cuts.  I photocopied the sheet and shrunk it to 75%.  The students will cut it out, fold down the extra space on the left side, and glue it in their notebooks.  Underneath each tab, they will write characteristics of the biomes. I am clearly on a foldable kick!  Thank you snow days. :) I did create a digital version of this for you to download on my Teacher Pay Teachers. It's free!