Skip to main content

Turn In Folders

 I must be in an organization mood because I wanted to write another strategy that I use to keep my classroom organized: file folders!

I discovered early on that the simpler you keep things, the better. I labeled folders for every class period (and would place them in separate parts of the room to prevent students from turning in papers to the wrong class). I have never separated late work, missing work, and on-time work. I'm a bit too type A for my grading not to get done as soon as possible. 

Photo by Maksym Kaharlytskyi on Unsplash
Benefits of this system:

1. I rarely was accused of losing papers because students placed it in the folder and I would grade them from the folder. (When things were done being graded, I had magazine holders for each class period to pass back at the beginning of the next class period.)

2. Students had an easy place to turn papers in.

3. Students were given a little more privacy on what they handed in versus a bin.

4. I could take the folder home and protect the papers. Just snap a binder clip on it and it's ready to go!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sale!

 I am throwing a sale on all items found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store! See the graphic below for more information!

Nitrogen and Carbon Cycle Foldable

I was inspired to create foldables for my 6th graders on the carbon and nitrogen cycles after viewing one created by the blog " The Inspired Classroom ".  She had created a much cuter one for the water cycle.  Please forgive my pictures, descriptions, and handwriting. :)     If you would like a free copy of the nitrogen foldable or carbon foldable , you can find it at My Teachers Pay Teachers.

Biomes Foldable

I had way too much fun making this.  My students are going to be learning about these biomes next and I created this example of the finished product and one with the pictures/words without the cuts.  I photocopied the sheet and shrunk it to 75%.  The students will cut it out, fold down the extra space on the left side, and glue it in their notebooks.  Underneath each tab, they will write characteristics of the biomes. I am clearly on a foldable kick!  Thank you snow days. :) I did create a digital version of this for you to download on my Teacher Pay Teachers. It's free!