Skip to main content

New Products: Atoms and Chemicals

I have a few atoms and physical science based products that are new to my store.

This activity would serve best as an introduction to atoms and matter. Day one consists of students learning how atoms bond to form molecules using the premade model. On day two, students create their model to make an assigned molecule.

In a pinch, day one could be a print-and-go activity. Students could cut apart their atoms in class to save prep time.

Standards/Objectives:

✅NGSS: MS-PS1-1

This product includes the following activities:

⚪Looking at patterns

⚪Creating molecules

⚪Creating molecule models



Students examine whether chemicals are safe to use as a cleaner on toilets to learn about chemical reactions. Their task is to help OSHA determine what cleaners are safe for a fictitious school to use and what should be investigated further.

Background knowledge of chemical reactions is best before this activity. A simple graphic organizer of chemical and physical changes is included to kickstart the lab.


Standards/Objectives:

✅NGSS: MS-PS1-2


Students research and create a presentation on synthetic materials that have natural components. They will investigate the costs, benefits, and alternative materials. They can choose between writing a paper, poster, comic, and slide presentation.

The five-day lesson plans included are no-prep. Simply upload or print the materials and go!

Standards/Objectives:

✅NGSS: MS-PS1-3


4. Who Am I? Atoms Vocabulary Review Game
The classic "Who Am I?" game has 18 cards that cover vocabulary terms associated with atoms and the periodic table of elements (see list below). Simply print the secured PDF with cards and instructions and play! (Definitions are not included and the game assumes students have learned the terms already.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gift Card Giveaway

Information will be sent out to my TPT store followers on May 8th on how to win the $10 gift card.

Teaching Channel

Another great free resource is the Teaching Channel . I used it when I was looking for ideas on teaching middle schoolers integers. On the website, I found a video and lesson plan for a scenario a teacher set up for her students to make it more tangible. They email weekly with videos on various topics, like common core.

Freebie: Interactive 3D Models

DewWool is a newer store with many free online resources! I found the " Root Structure " diagram and thought it was too good not to share.  This is for you if you need resources for students to label structures. (It also includes math and elementary education resources.) The resources appear to be simple and easy to use. One downfall, because it's free, is there are advertisements. I know this was a concern with the last school I worked at students: viewing unapproved materials via popup ads. Photo by  おにぎり  on  Unsplash