Skip to main content

New Products: Atoms, Genetics, and Plate Tectonics

 I am working on completing activities for all of the NGSS PS1 standards, so stay tuned! For now, here is a new one that I created:

MS-PS1-4: Phase Change Models for States of Matter


Students create a model drawing of phase changes for a pure chemical. There are two templates to make the states of matter models. It can be printed or designed into a slide presentation (instructions included). This activity assumes they already know about atoms, states of matter, and thermal energy.

The activity included is no-prep. Simply upload or print the materials and go!

Included are:

  • Teacher's guide with suggested chemicals and chemical boiling/melting points (secured PDFs)
  • Graphing Model Template and instructions (secured PDF)
  • Drawing Model Template and instructions (secured PDF)

Standards/Objectives:

✅NGSS: MS-PS1-4


In the life science camp, I have my Genetics Vocabulary Note Sheet.

The genetics note sheet has key terms for beginning a heredity unit. Students color and label information on dominant and recessive alleles, genotypes, phenotypes, and Punnett Squares. Pair this with your favorite reading, presentation, or video for students to summarize the key terms and concepts. (Background information is not included.)

The secured PDF includes a colored copy of the answer key for teachers and substitute teachers.


Finally, I created a review game on plate tectonics for a friend.

This secured PDF has clickable links to use as a review tool for students over pate tectonics. As they answer questions on pate motion, they click on the answer. If the answer is incorrect, they receive a brief review and return to the question. Correct answers move them along to the next question. Upload to your online classroom without any additional work for you!

12 Review questions are over

⚪types of plate boundaries

⚪fossil and rock dispersal on different continents (evidence of plate movement)

⚪composition of the crust (hard rock)

⚪types of cross sections

⚪patterns on maps

⚪what occurs when plates move apart/formation of new crust

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nitrogen and Carbon Cycle Foldable

I was inspired to create foldables for my 6th graders on the carbon and nitrogen cycles after viewing one created by the blog " The Inspired Classroom ".  She had created a much cuter one for the water cycle.  Please forgive my pictures, descriptions, and handwriting. :)     If you would like a free copy of the nitrogen foldable or carbon foldable , you can find it at My Teachers Pay Teachers.

Biomes Foldable

I had way too much fun making this.  My students are going to be learning about these biomes next and I created this example of the finished product and one with the pictures/words without the cuts.  I photocopied the sheet and shrunk it to 75%.  The students will cut it out, fold down the extra space on the left side, and glue it in their notebooks.  Underneath each tab, they will write characteristics of the biomes. I am clearly on a foldable kick!  Thank you snow days. :) I did create a digital version of this for you to download on my Teacher Pay Teachers. It's free!

Rubric Maker

I am a huge fan of project-based learning! As a result, I create lots of rubrics. Sometimes I write them myself and other times, I like to find premade ones to help me clarify the assessment piece. A co-worker in Colorado introduced me to Rubistar  years back. It's free and pretty user-friendly. They have several premade categories and criteria, but you can alter them to fit your needs. The website is old, but don't let that throw you off.