Skip to main content

Google Forms for Breakout Box

As mentioned in a  previous post, I love making breakout/puzzle/escape rooms.  I have an example here that you can make a copy of and change, if you'd like.

Here's how you can make a digital breakout box using Google Forms:

1. Click on the cog in the upper right-hand corner.


2. Click the third tab labeled "Quizzes" and flip the slider to the right to "make this a quiz" and click save.

3. Title your Form.



4. Create your first question by typing "3 Digit Code". It should change it to a "short answer" question, but if it does not, choose that option from the drop down menu. Make this a "required" question by moving the slider to the right.


5. From the three dots at the bottom right hand corner, select "description" and "response validation".

6. In the description box, provide instructions to how the answer should be typed.

7. Under the "response validation", make sure it says "number" and the second box says "equal to". In the third box, type what the answer is and the fourth box type "incorrect". If you do not put anything in the fourth spot, it will give people the answer if they get it wrong.

8. Repeat steps 4-7 for the 4 digit code, word code, and directional code. For the word code and directional code, change the "number" option to "text".  The second box should say "contains" and the third box will be your answer. (When doing the directional, I usually have the answer all lower case with dashes between each direction. However, you set it up, be sure that it's explained in your directions.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sale!

 I am throwing a sale on all items found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store! See the graphic below for more information!

Nitrogen and Carbon Cycle Foldable

I was inspired to create foldables for my 6th graders on the carbon and nitrogen cycles after viewing one created by the blog " The Inspired Classroom ".  She had created a much cuter one for the water cycle.  Please forgive my pictures, descriptions, and handwriting. :)     If you would like a free copy of the nitrogen foldable or carbon foldable , you can find it at My Teachers Pay Teachers.

Biomes Foldable

I had way too much fun making this.  My students are going to be learning about these biomes next and I created this example of the finished product and one with the pictures/words without the cuts.  I photocopied the sheet and shrunk it to 75%.  The students will cut it out, fold down the extra space on the left side, and glue it in their notebooks.  Underneath each tab, they will write characteristics of the biomes. I am clearly on a foldable kick!  Thank you snow days. :) I did create a digital version of this for you to download on my Teacher Pay Teachers. It's free!