Skip to main content

Quizziz

Quizziz is another free teacher resource for review. It's great because it has a bank of questions written by other teachers that you can tap into. I created many review games for students and posted them on Google Classroom within minutes.

There are three ways to run Quizziz that your students will enjoy, two that can be completed individually and one as a class.


To "Play Live" means that you display a code and your students compete against each other while they are seated together. Unlike Kahoot, you do not have to wait until everyone is logged in to begin. It rates students individually on speed and accuracy as they complete the game.

"Assign HW" is what you will want to choose to place it on your Google Classroom for students to complete individually. After you choose "Assign HW', you will see the following screen below.
1. Choose a date far enough in the future to allow students to complete the Quizziz. I usually gave them this as practice a week out before an assessment.

2. Select classes you wish to assign it to, which is at the bottom of the picture above. Quizziz will sync your current Google Classroom classes, if it is given permission by you. OR, you can click "Host Game" to manually put in the instructions in your classroom. (Shown below)

****Be sure to include the link and the code for students to be able to play.



"Practice" is an option to just play the game without the competition and the assignment feature. It could be a nice tool to share with students and parents that students can find practice questions for many of their school subjects and play for free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sale!

 I am throwing a sale on all items found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store! See the graphic below for more information!

Nitrogen and Carbon Cycle Foldable

I was inspired to create foldables for my 6th graders on the carbon and nitrogen cycles after viewing one created by the blog " The Inspired Classroom ".  She had created a much cuter one for the water cycle.  Please forgive my pictures, descriptions, and handwriting. :)     If you would like a free copy of the nitrogen foldable or carbon foldable , you can find it at My Teachers Pay Teachers.

Biomes Foldable

I had way too much fun making this.  My students are going to be learning about these biomes next and I created this example of the finished product and one with the pictures/words without the cuts.  I photocopied the sheet and shrunk it to 75%.  The students will cut it out, fold down the extra space on the left side, and glue it in their notebooks.  Underneath each tab, they will write characteristics of the biomes. I am clearly on a foldable kick!  Thank you snow days. :) I did create a digital version of this for you to download on my Teacher Pay Teachers. It's free!